Friday, September 10, 2010

The DMV

In the spirit of being a
good citizen, by husband and I scoured the DMV website and prepared
all of our documents in order to get our car tags and driver's license.
We got up early and went to the license window first. Everything was going
well for me right up until the end. She asked me to see my marriage
certificate. What? She told me that since i had a previous license in Alabama
(20yrs ago) under my maiden name that I would need proof of marriage.
OMG!!! I had my Virginia license, social security card, military ID and passport
and I still had to turn around and go home to get the license.
Meanwhile, my husband gets in line for the tags with titles, insurance and ID
and they told him he can only get a tag for the car that is physically at the DMV
because they have to verify the VIN. Well at the time, none of our cars were
there because I was going to get the marriage license!
I know they are following the rules, but I cannot believe this! So we will have
to take our other cars (my husband has a beater truck for recreation in addition
to our "real" cars) back to the DMV on another day...after I have gotten rid of
this migraine and can get my courage back up. DMV FAIL :O(

No comments:

Post a Comment