Saturday, April 24, 2010

What is this?

So I step out of the house this morning to take Bridget for a walk
and this is what I see in the flower bed beside the stairs.
What is this???
It truly looked like someone had thrown up mustard all over the mulch...
but I have come to believe it is a puffy, bacteria filled fungus.
But how did it grow this big and ugly overnight???
I am a little grossed out and moderately disturbed.
EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. No idea!! I'm a pretty good swap partner, but not a gardener!! haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone ate a LOT of mustard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww. I think this is yellow slime mold.
    http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/FactSheets/slimemold/slimemold.htm

    Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fungus caused from urine, or feces from an animal, remove it, and spray the soil with 50/50 bleach and water, sun dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like that window crack filler stuff that expands to me. LOL!! But for goodness sake I hope you didn't touch it. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete