Sunday, December 13, 2009

'Tis the season...

As the name of this blog indicates, I am trying to turn over some new leaves. One leaf in particular is to be more active in social events. It is not my nature to commune with groups of people under any situation. I am a loner, a hermit, a recluse. However, as I said to my husband, if we don't get out and start forming some bonds with society, we will die alone and no one will ever find us. This may seem like a gruesome reason, but it is a valid one.
So in the last few days I have been to a Christmas party for work and a holiday open house. I guess it went pretty well...I only had one panic attack and one sweat attack. I don't think I used any bad language or told offensive stories. I think my outfits were okay and there weren't any big lulls in conversation.
My Dad was the ultimate socializer and small-talker. He was the life of the party and he made his way to every social gathering from funerals to fish fries. He was the man. Clearly, I did not receive one shred of this gene. I see that progress will be slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment