Thursday, March 11, 2010

My lucky day!

♣ Yesterday was my lucky day! It is common knowledge that I am a nurse who works nights in the ER, but I am also the Charge Nurse. During these trying economic times, the hospital I work for is trying to save money by flexing nurses home early if it isn't busy. I usually hold a drawing in an effort to be fair ...I NEVER put my own name in the drawing...as "the boss" I should be the last rat off the ship right?
Well yesterday I broke form and put my own name in the drawing...AND I WON!!! I got to leave at 4am. I didn't want to go home because I would wake up my husband, so I went to the grocery store. I spent over an hour BY MYSELF (and a few stock people) walking up and down the aisles looking at all the products I usually feel too rushed to see or contemplate. It was absolute silent bliss!
Then I went and filled my car with gas...and then I went to the post office and mailed some items using the self-serve weight/postage machine. I did all of this and I was home making breakfast by 6:30! This means I was in bed before 8am and I slept until 6pm. I was the ♣♣♣BEST♣♣♣ day ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment