Saturday, June 12, 2010

All done!

So Thursday night was my last night at work. I went to the RN program at that hospital and then worked nights in the ER for 8 years and 20 days. It was a small hospital in a small town, and everybody was related or knew each other in some way. I love that.
I look back and think about the endless stream of people that I cared for. I was lucky enough to save some lives and I have been blessed to be with many when they died.
I am thankful for that place and for those people who have helped me become who I am. I am grateful to those who have shown me the kind of person I never want to be.
I had a great send-off. Lots of delicious food and kind words, but my last night was a busy one, and reminded me that I am leaving to find a more peaceful place.
My husband and I have spent the last 20 years living passing lives. In total, he has spent about 5 years of our marriage deployed overseas and another 5 out of port on training trips or work-ups. This pace has worn us out!
Our house went up for sale today...we are all done here, we are moving out and moving on!

2 comments:

  1. Wipe your hands clean and celebrate! So happy for you and your husband. Sounds like this new change will be great and that you both deserve it. Good luck with selling your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with selling the house!

    ReplyDelete