Monday, June 14, 2010

Must love dogs...

My friend V. put a post on Facebook earlier today about the her husband and kids wanting a dog.
I, of course, had to throw my vote in for a Frenchie! You would have thought I had dropped a bomb on her wall! She got about 30 responses begging her to adopt from a shelter and not succomb to the pressure of "buying a designer dog." How dare I suggest buying a pure bred dog?!?
Now listen up...I would put myself at the top of the list when it comes to people who love dogs...all kinds!
It just seems weird to me that there is such a stigma against pure bred dogs! Am I supposed to be ashamed that I chose a breed that was suitable to my lifestyle, hopelessly cute and paid more than a shelter adoption fee for her? Yes, I support adopting shelter dogs! They are wonderful dogs...but not because they are from a shelter, BUT BECAUSE ALL DOGS ARE WONDERFUL AND DESERVE A HOME!
So yes V., get a dog...any dog...whatever kind you like!

2 comments:

  1. All dogs are wonderful!! Pets make a house a home. They are fun and always are happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted a frenchie forever! And you should never feel ashamed that you chose a dog to fit your lifestyle. People just get bent out of shape over the silliest of things. Besides, there are plenty of purebred dogs in shelters and with rescue organizations. In fact I have a Jack Russell who just happens to also be a shelter dog. Those peole need to get their panties out of a wad!

    All dogs rule!

    ReplyDelete