Monday, June 14, 2010

I am a cutter...

I love tan feet with pretty
toenails, but I have a slight problem. I am a cutter.
I have a weird hang-up with nails that are long. This
"feeling" turned into a full-on phobia when I was in
nursing school and was introduced to the full array
of things that could get trapped under fingernails
and toenails...and how long they grow if neglected.
After a few run-ins with people who have not cut
their toenails for years, I began developing a strange
habit. I started cutting my fingernails and toenails
everyday. Not good. They are painfully short at
times but I find it hard to stop myself.
Anyway, I said all of that to say this...my friend Amy
asked me to go with her to get a pedicure this Friday
and I almost had a panic attack. I barely have enough
nails to paint, must less form into something attractive!
So I have not cut my toenails in a week. This is like
an alkie trying to give up the booze! I don't know if
I can make it until Friday!
I am trying not to think about it, but I can almost feel
the fungi multiplying and the nail beds thickening
even as we speak! So gross! Maybe Robert will
let me cut his toenails....

No comments:

Post a Comment