Sunday, January 17, 2010

I saw that one coming....

Surprise!! My dear husband was deployed to Haiti today. With about 24 hours notice, he was sent to help oversee the actions of US Navy ships involved in relief efforts. He was sent for "an unknown length of stay." That could be 6 days or 6 months. Who knows?
I am sad to report that this is NOT the first time something like this has happened. I have learned over the years to consider all plans "loose" until actively underway. Does that sound cynical?
It will be situations like this I will be happy to leave behind once we get to the bright side and leave the Navy behind. Until then, consider all scheduled days of carefree happiness unconfirmed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man....well I hope he comes home soon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your husband and thank him for his service too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your hubby and appreciative for all he does for our country. My brother is currently serving in Afghanistan so I can relate. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete