Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snap, crackle and pop!

Luckily it was not busy last night in the ER, but almost every patient we had was a result of someone falling on the ice! This type of injury scares me because I am a lot further away from the ground then when I was a kid. I can just see me landing on my tailbone or breaking my wrist. I would end up having to sit on a blow-up donut for 8 weeks.
I felt particularly bad for this one fellow who was leaving for work early to make extra money and slipped down the stairs...HE BROKE HIS HIP! He probably won't be able to go back to work for months.
So let's all be careful out there...protect those hips, wrists and ankles...and don't forget the tailbone!

1 comment:

  1. Breaking a hip must be an unimaginable pain. That is one of those injuries where you probably don't realize how much you even use it with every movement. Poor man.

    I am protecting my hips. Perhaps I should put a pillow on either side and then a belt around my waist...?

    = ) Mental image.

    ReplyDelete